Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Importing credentails

aselvan

Hi Experts,

we have around 200+ filers in the environment. Is there a way to import the credentials to the WFA rather than adding them one by up.

your help is much appreciated !

Thanks

Aravindhan Selvan

3 REPLIES 3

sinhaa

Import-credentials from filers? Aravindan, it would be a severe security hole if an outside application like WFA can fetch login credentials from filers, wouldn't it? Netapp filers are very secure, so importing isn't possible.

If you have a pattern in the IPs for a set of filers with common username/password, you can select Match:Pattern and have a single credential set for all of those.

e.g. Suppose your filer have ip address like: 10.20.30.1 to 10.20.30.200, then you can select

Match: Pattern

Type:Ontap

Ip: 10.20.30.*

User: <username>

Password: <password>

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

aselvan

Hi Sinhaa,

Thank you for the reply. I was looking for import of credentials from a file , where we can enter the storage name and then the credentials so it can import from there to the WFA.

Your suggested method is really good , Will it work from character say ABC* ( ABCA to ABCZ )

sinhaa

WFA can sure import anything from a file, but that will be treated as Data instead of credentials. In the sense that Credentials when saved in WFA DB will have encrypted passwords and only accessible to WFA apis. But when imported from a file, they all will be treated as a regular data with username/password combination available to be seen by any DB user.

If you are okay with this, as this is your decision, then just decide what file type you need to keep your credentials into. I would suggest have them in .json or .xml, they can very easily be handled by Powershell. I'll give you a DataSourceType script to do this. Then you need to modify your commands to take credentials from Data tables instead WFA credential tables. Its easy.

@Your suggested method is really good , Will it work from character say ABC* ( ABCA to ABCZ )

--------

Yeah, it would.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public