Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Installation of WFA and Unified Manager on same server

SNLMELANIE

Hi,

I am just getting started with WFA, so sorry if this question has already been addressed. 

I will be installing WFA version 2.1 on a VM, running Windows Server 2008 R2 EE .  I was wondering can I also install Unified Manager version 5.2 on the same server or do I need to install on its own VM?

Thanks

Melanie Corn

5 REPLIES 5

sinhaa

Hi Melanie,

Its perfectly fine to install both WFA and Unified Manager on the same Windows server. I have multiple such setups and I haven't faced any problems. WFA and UM have no common TCP ports, so this is all fine.

warm regards,

Abhishek

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

SNLMELANIE

Thank you for the quick response.

Melanie Corn

CEE System Administrator

mcorn@sandia.gov<mailto:mcorn@sandia.gov>

(505)284-1760

bachman

NOTE: This is not supported for production environments, only for lab testing. The official policy is to run UM on it's own server or VM.

Phil Bachman

CSE - Storage Management Solutions

bachman

Melanie,

We recommend not installing Unified Manager (UM) on the same server as any other application software. UM runs a number of services and uses a number of network ports that may conflict with other applications. Please create a separate VM for the UM server.

Phil Bachman

CSE - Storage Management Solutions

SNLMELANIE

Phil,

Thanks for the response.  Since this is production  I will install on separate servers.

Melanie Corn

Public