Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Is DFM/Operation manager same as Data Protection with OnCommand Unified Manager?

netappmagic

Likewise, what about DFM/Protection Manager and operation manager? what are their corresponding names in OnCommand Unified Manager, respectively?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi

The new name for Data Fabric Manager is OnCommand Unified Manager. The old managers like, ops, protection and provisioning are called capabilities now.

Operations Manager is now called Operations Capability

Protection Manager is now called Protection Capability

Provisioning Manager is now called Provisioning Capability

Performance Advisor is now called Performance Capability

The DFM or data fabric manager is no more the prodcut name but its still used to refer the server as DFM server which is the central piece.

Hope this helps.

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

adaikkap

Hi

The new name for Data Fabric Manager is OnCommand Unified Manager. The old managers like, ops, protection and provisioning are called capabilities now.

Operations Manager is now called Operations Capability

Protection Manager is now called Protection Capability

Provisioning Manager is now called Provisioning Capability

Performance Advisor is now called Performance Capability

The DFM or data fabric manager is no more the prodcut name but its still used to refer the server as DFM server which is the central piece.

Hope this helps.

Regards

adai

netappmagic

well, I thought I was clear on this question. However, just read a note and saying OnCommand Unified Manger exclusively built for cluster mode, not suppport 7-mode infrastructure. What does that mean? does that mean all components, such as Operation manager, Protection Manger, Provision Manager inside OnCommand capability would not work on 7-mode? then what work on 7-mode?

Please help me out here.

netappmagic

the following is excerpted from a video clip

OnCommand Unified Manager 6.0 is a revised manageability application built exclusively for clustered Data ONTAP monitoring. It doesn’t support 7-Mode infrastructure. It hosts a brand new simplified user interface for an enhanced user experience. Unified Manager 6.0 hosts an attractive UI, as well as a stable backend platform that is built from the ground up for better performance, reliability, and scalability. It is presented as a VMware vApp--as an OVA file.

adaikkap

Hi

The cluster mode only is called OCUM 6.0 which is a VMware only vApp.

The OCUM 5.x, ( which represents 5.1,5.2) still includes all of the protection,provisioning and operations manager as well as performance Advisor which is applicable for 7-Mode.

The OCUM 5.x also support cluster mode but that restricted to only Operations Manager and Performance Advisor.

Hope this helps

Regards

adai

netappmagic

very helpful, adai!

TINGWEI_LIM

Hi Adai,

What happened to Protection manager in OCUM5.x for cluster mode? Any replacement module for that?

adaikkap

Hi

WFA will be the replacement module for protection and much more in Cluster Mode. Also there is SnapProtect integration for Protection in Cluster Mode.

Regards

adai

oweinmann

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to have all snap managers automatically trigger snapvault. I know that there is such a feature implemented in VSC 5.x but currently there seems to be a bug that is blocking this. Can I setup snapvault relationships for hosts with snap manager in OCUM 6.1 with WFA?

Best Regards,

Oliver

venkat3

Hi Oliver,

>Can I setup snapvault relationships for hosts with snap manager in OCUM 6.1 with WFA?

Current OCUM6.1 release doesn't have integration with snap managers.

Please check with PM's if this is in roadmap of ocum6.x release.

Also could you please elaborate the requirement in detail.

-Srinivas

Public