Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Is adding SnapVault relationship information to the cache in plan for a future release?

abrian

I have a customer who wants a workflow that operates on existing SnapVault relationships, but they aren't currently loaded into the cache.   If that is planned for an upcoming release, I would like to avoid having a separate schema to get the information.

Thanks!

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tanzim

Good news Brian, caching SnapVault relationships is indeed planned for an upcoming release, actually across a couple of them.

We expect to have 7-Mode SnapVault relationships caching in the coming release (April-May 2013 time frame).

This would be followed by adding corresponding C-Mode support to caching SnapVault relationships in the subsequent release.

Regards,

Tanzim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

tanzim

Good news Brian, caching SnapVault relationships is indeed planned for an upcoming release, actually across a couple of them.

We expect to have 7-Mode SnapVault relationships caching in the coming release (April-May 2013 time frame).

This would be followed by adding corresponding C-Mode support to caching SnapVault relationships in the subsequent release.

Regards,

Tanzim

abrian

Thanks Tanzim, I appreciate the information!  Do you know if that will include SnapVault schedule information?

yaronh

As Tanzim updated (Just in case it was missed):

>>>

>>>

Yaron

abrian

Hi Yaron, Tanzim,

Our customer needs to be able to modify existing SV relationships and schedules, so it's important to consider both when looking at what information needs to be included in the cache (in case that wasn't already in plan).

Thanks!

Brian

tanzim

Brian, thanks for pointing it out. This information has already been taken care of.

Our continued efforts to have a finger on the pulse of the customer's expectation

Regards,

Tanzim

abrian

Thanks Tanzim.  I figured it was. 

Public