Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Is there a way to hide the default categories in left-hand Portal column?

korns

I know how to restrict what workflows a particular user/operator can see, but when doing that it seems the other "built in" categories that come with the WFA product still how up in the left hand panel of the Portal tab with a (0) count of workflows in them. That makes sense, but is there a way to totally suppress the visibility of the "built in" categories? ... so, for example,  a company could present only the categories they created and choose to show.

Dave,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

The categories that come 'built-in' with WFA have NONE certification and hence they can all be deleted. So if you don't like the categories that WFA created, just go to Designer -> Categories and delete them and they will disappear from the portal.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

adaikkap

Hi Dave,

AFAIK, there is no way to delete or remove the default categories that come shipped with WFA.

Let me check if there are any hack or workarounds for the same.

Can you also explain if you have come across this other customers as well?

We are thinking of some enhancements to categories and these input would help us validate our thinking.

Regards

adai

korns

Yes. I think many customers, as they work to setup what their portal page will have on it, see how to use categories to restrict access to workflows; create their own categories; put workflows in them; and use the 'WFA Configuration' 'Other' tab to hide example workflows, most ask next how to hide the built-n categories that are reporting (0) accessible workflows. Deleting the categories is a good short-term workaround but later they may wish they still had those categories around when they are in designer mode and want to look for, say, Decommissioning' workflows. So I'd think the ideal solution(s) would be:

1) not show a category in the left panel that has (0) workflows available to the user

2) or create an attribute for categories that can be checked for 'Hide in Portal'

Thanks,

Dave

sinhaa

@ 1) not show a category in the left panel that has (0) workflows available to the user

==

There is an enhancement bug filed to hide the categories in portal which have 0 workflows available for the user.  So by un-checking the "Show example workflow in portal" option, the empty default categories will also disappear. But I don't when its planned to be fixed.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sinhaa

The categories that come 'built-in' with WFA have NONE certification and hence they can all be deleted. So if you don't like the categories that WFA created, just go to Designer -> Categories and delete them and they will disappear from the portal.

Public