Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Loading systems

edriel

Hello,

I've got a problem with System Manager 2.0R1. Since a time I cannot use it anymore. After starting System Manager I'm getting the message loading systems. This message stays inside the screen. Is this a known issue and is there a way to reset System Manager?

Regards,

Eelco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

karthikv

Were you accessing System Manager before or are you not able to access SM from the beginning?

Please try the following -

1. Try re-installing the software  or

2. Remane/Remove C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\NetApp\SystemManager\SystemManager.config file

and they try to launch SM again.

Warning : All existing controller details that were added to System Manager will be lost. You will have to Discover/Add Systems to System Manager again

If step (2) solves the problem, then its quite likely that the config file has gotten corrupted.

If you are still facing the problem let me know. I will need some more details to help solve the problem.

Thanks,

Karthik

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

karthikv

Were you accessing System Manager before or are you not able to access SM from the beginning?

Please try the following -

1. Try re-installing the software  or

2. Remane/Remove C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\NetApp\SystemManager\SystemManager.config file

and they try to launch SM again.

Warning : All existing controller details that were added to System Manager will be lost. You will have to Discover/Add Systems to System Manager again

If step (2) solves the problem, then its quite likely that the config file has gotten corrupted.

If you are still facing the problem let me know. I will need some more details to help solve the problem.

Thanks,

Karthik

edriel

Hello Karthik,

That was the solution. I'm now able to add systems again.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Eelco

telecitycft

Every time I restart the System Manager, it hangs with the Loading Systems message. I have the delet the SystemManager.config file to progress (luckily, I only have 3 systems to look after). This first happened with 2.0R1, and now I have 2.02 running under Win7

Version    :     2.0.2

Platform    :     Win32

User Agent    :     Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

It maybe that it doesnt like Firefox, but its my default browser. How do I make it use IE instead (but still leave my preference to Firefox that that is the cause)

Thanks

Fin

akash

To change the default browser to IE for System Manager, you can do the following:

1. Launch System Manager.
  2. Go to Tools -> Options.
  3. In the Browser Path text box, enter the path of iexplore.exe.

telecitycft

Akash,

Thanks for the info. However, it still does solve the issue. Under both IE (9) and Firefox (15.0), I just get the Loading Systems message.

Rgds

Fin

grahamhand

Hi Fin, did 2.0.2 ever work?  Are you using a 64-bit OS with 64-bit Java?  I have seen this a few times, the solution for me was to install 32-bit Java alongside the 64-bit version.

--G

Public