Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Loop within a loop

prasadkm0204

I have requirement wherein I need to create a loop within a loop and WFA repeat option doesn't seem feasible (or I can't figure it out).

Eg.

1. Create a few aggregates and for every aggregate create a set of volumes.

2. For every volume, create a set of qtrees.

To further illustration the eg.

Vol01 - qtree01,qtree02,qtree03

Vol02 - qtree04,qtree04,qtree05

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

sinhaa

This is totally possible in WFA. You can do it this way:

1. Have a workflow with you "Create Aggr", Create Volume and Create Qtree commands.
  2. Define parameters for your the 3 commands in 3 different rows.
  3. I think you want to cretae x num of aggrs. So for Create Aggr, you can repeat row based on number of times i.e. no. of aggrs you want to create.
  4. Create volume, you can repeat row based on finders. The filter will return the aggr selected based on the condition of your choice.
  5. Do the similar for Create Qtree i.e. repeat row based on finders for Volume. 

warm regards,

Abhishek Sinha

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

prasadkm0204

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the tip. I tried this but it isn't working for me.

There is probably something wrong in my finder criteria since the qtree portion of the code isn't executing at all.

Please see the attachments and guide me if I missed anything.

Thanks again for your help.

-Prasad

sinhaa

@ There is probably something wrong in my finder criteria since the qtree portion of the code isn't executing at all.

-------

No Create Qtree execution means no looping which means no results retured by your finder. Check that.

I would like to tell you that this method will create one qtree per volume.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public