OnCommand Storage Management Software Discussions

NetApp-Harvest 1.4.1: Hotfix to fix 2 bugs

Dear Harvest community,

We have a hotfix for two bugs that we found in Harvest. If you are using Harvest 1.4.1, please run the hotfix as per the instructions below. If you use older version of Harvest, please first upgrade to 1.4.1, then run the hotfix.

The hotfix will fix:

• BUG missing normalization of wafl_block in gb_per_sec (kuddos to @yannb for finding and solving this)
  • BUG miscalculating link_speed which breaks ethernet port utilization statistics.

Please download the hotfix file from here (md5 checksum: 128c55cb546d6d041de6841b5aace72b).

Then, follow these instructions:

1. Copy the file to /tmp/ (or any other folder) on your Harvest server.
2. Stop Harvest
3. Run the file:
If Harvest is installed in default location (/opt/netapp-harvest/), simply run in terminal: $ ./harvest_hotfix_14100 If otherwise Harvest is in another location, provide Harvest path as argument, e.g.: $ ./harvest_hotfix_14100 /home/admin/netapp-harvest/ 4. Read the output and see if the update was successful 5. Restart Harvest

The hotfix requires Python3 and write/execute priviliges in the Harvest folder.

Let me know if it worked out for you.

All the best,

Vachagan

10 REPLIES

Re: NetApp-Harvest 1.4.1: Hotfix to fix 2 bugs

fixed my missing ethernet stat issue 

thanks

I applied the 4.1 hot fix and it did fix ethernet stats on all my 9.3P8 kit but i have 4 clusters of 9.4P2 where  i get not data for ethernet  other status seem to work   please advise?

thanks

mark

I applied the hot fix to my 3    4.1 installs and fixed all my 9.3P8  missing ethernet stats    however we just brought online  4 new 9.4P2 clusters and i have no ethernet stats  , other stats seem to work.    please advise?

I applied the 1.4.1 hot fix,     this fixed ethernet stats on all my  Ontap 9.3P8 kit but i still do not have ethernet stats for ontap 9.4  ?

Highlighted

Do you still have the same issue? Can you send me a screenshot if that's the case?

Looks like you'll need to renew the link you provided earlier as it has expired.

The link was set to expire after a certain amount of time. Please contact the person who shared this link with you.

Updated. Thanks!

Hi,

I've tried to install patch but I get  "Couldn't verify Harvest status. Are sure Harvest is stopped?"  Even the pollers are stopped.

What shoud I check?

Thanks!

The same message came for me, so I double checked if any netapp-harvest processes are running:

ps faux | grep harvest

...and simply answered with yes. The Hotfix was applied without any problems and I could start netapp-harvest again.

Forums