Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp-Harvest auto start not working

mwreuter

We found out during monthly patches to our RedHat server on Saturday that the Harvest pollers were not configured to auto start on boot. I followed the directions on page 20 of the installation guide and rebooted the server but the pollers showed the status "NOT RUNNING" when the server came back on. Running chkconfig shows netapp-harvest on for levels 2-5 and off for levels 0-1 and 6.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @mwreuter,

In Harvest v1.2.2 the /etc/init.d/netapp-harvest script did not have a first line of  #!/bin/bash.  Some linux releases were ok with it missing and others were not.  Can you add that line and see if it fixes?  I have updated this startup file already in the development build so the next Harvest posted to the toolchest will have the #! line in it, but for now just edit manually and see if that resolves.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

madden

Hi @mwreuter,

In Harvest v1.2.2 the /etc/init.d/netapp-harvest script did not have a first line of  #!/bin/bash.  Some linux releases were ok with it missing and others were not.  Can you add that line and see if it fixes?  I have updated this startup file already in the development build so the next Harvest posted to the toolchest will have the #! line in it, but for now just edit manually and see if that resolves.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

mwreuter
Thanks @madden, that fixed it!
Public