Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp Harvest backup

XNAVARETTE

Hi,

I would like to backup my data of NetApp Harvest.

What folder must I backup ? 

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eduardo

What data are you looking to backup?  The statistics collected by Harvest are not stored in any Harvest directory.  They are saved in the Graphite database which is located under /var/lib/carbon/whisper by default.  In my environment, I created an iSCSI LUN from an ONTAP cluster and mounted it under /var/lib/carbon/whisper.  That way my Graphite data is protected.

Regards,

Eduardo

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Eduardo

What data are you looking to backup?  The statistics collected by Harvest are not stored in any Harvest directory.  They are saved in the Graphite database which is located under /var/lib/carbon/whisper by default.  In my environment, I created an iSCSI LUN from an ONTAP cluster and mounted it under /var/lib/carbon/whisper.  That way my Graphite data is protected.

Regards,

Eduardo

XNAVARETTE

Oki find in this folder "/var/lib/docker/volumes" many file (21 Go) What is it ?

Example : 

30M 7519904b29de8619060693a700cf040d954296ae3c0f9f4b0ca4e99022511543
7,1G 78ab97056732764d94dbb22024f6716b581bfbf8a6323973663a329e9b065d20

Eduardo

Ah, I see why you are asking now.  Are you running the NAbox OVA?  I am not.  Nevertheless there should be local directory that at the top level it has subdirs "carbon" and "netapp" inside that directory structure are all the Graphite database files (its a pretty deep directory structure).  Those are the files that actually contain all the performance information collected by the Harvest pollers.  If you wanted to back up Graphite data, then that would be the data to back up.

-Eduardo

madden

Hi @XNAVARETTE

The directory /var/lib/docker/volumes typically contains Docker volumes.  Run "docker volume ls" and you should see them.  @yannb maintains nabox so maybe he knows what is run in containers?

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

yannb

NAbox doesn't use docker.

Can you tell us how you installed Harvest and the Graphite database?

Public