Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp-Harvest support for OCUM 7.2?

LiaPenn

Hello,

I just upgraded Oncommand Unified Manager to version 7.2RC1 and I've installed and configured NetApp-Harvest 1.3.

There was no template for OCUM 7.2x so I copied the template ocum-7.1.0.conf to ocum-7.2.0.conf hoping that this would be close enough.

This seems to work with the exception of a few high level efficiency graphs coming up empty (drill down graphs are accurate).

When will there be official support for OCUM 7.2 in NetApp Harvest?

Thanks,
Lia

27 REPLIES 27

madden

Hi @LiaPenn

I am working on an update to Harvest to add support for OCUM 7.2 and ONTAP 9.2 but in the meantime your renaming the file trick and hoping for the best would also be my recommendation.  I'll update the community when the update is available.

Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

LiaPenn

Thanks!

LeeLevenson

ONTAP 9.2 is GA today. I am looking forward to OCUM 7.2 support.

Lee

PaulLemmons

When you say "I'll update the community" can I safely assume it will be to this thread? If not could you point me to where I should be watching?

Laszlo_Radics

Hi,

my existing Harvest configuration kept colelcting OCUM data when I have upgraded to 7.2RC1, but stopped after the upgrade to 7.2 GA. On the other hand, the Graphana admin GUI offered to force generate templates for the new version, and I guess that is pretty much the same solution, reusing the 7.1 template for 7.2 as well.

Regards,

Laszlo

stefanhoenig

Hello Chris,

any news when harvest 1.4 (?) will be available? Except the general support for OCUM 7.2 (and higher) and ONTAP 9.2 (and higher), are there any other planned enhancements regarding new counters and/or dashboards for ONTAP 9.2?

Thanks in advance and any information would be appreciated.

Stefan

madden

Hi @stefanhoenig

I just prepared a RC release for testing that includes ONTAP 9.2 and OCUM 7.2 support.  It also has vscan added.  Prior to the GA I also want to get Fabric Pools in there, but if it proves too much work I'd rather get the release out there sooner than later.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

LDTGT

Would love to see this update soon, we are currently holding off our ONTAP and OCUM upgrade as we do not want to lose the Harvest metrics.

Any estimate on when we can expect this to be available?

madden

I am busy working on it now and expect it will post in September.  It will also include some goodies like vscan, fabric pool metrics, and the additional ability to send metrics to OCI for graphing 🙂

Cheers,

Chris Madden

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

ds

Hi Chris,

Is it possible for the next upgrade to add the absolute value for the  Top Volumes Capacity Drilldown

Percentage can have a use but OCUM is really bad at graphing the volume capacity evolution.

I would like to see this into Harvest since it is made for graphing and it has all the info.

Tahnks in advance, Thomas.

VinceLH

Hi Madden,

Our client has updated its NetApp infrastructure (5 clusters with 24 nodes in total) to Ontap 9.2.
Therefore the collects are no longer progressing.

Do you have any news about any updates for Harvest 1.4 RC/GA or any availability date? 🙂

Thanks for your response.

Best regards.

Vincent L.
FPS France

madden

Hi @VinceLH

The software (v1.4) is code complete and is now in the release pipeline for posting to the toolchest.  It supports ONTAP 9.2, OCUM 7.2, and also has vscan and fabric pool support added.  Until it posts to the toolchest you can also simply copy the ONTAP 9.1 template file in /opt/netapp-harvest/template/default/ to the ONTAP 9.2 naming convention, and likewise for OCUM 7.1 -> 7.2.  Later when you update to the toolchest release you'll just get the new features as well.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Chris Madden

VinceLH

Hi,

I'll do this while waiting for the release of Harvest 1.4

Thanks.
Best regards,

Vincent L.
FPS France

mattS555

@madden

Any consideration to use OnCommand API services along with or in place of OCUM?

Thanks!

Matt S.

+1 to switch to influxdb over graphite

Deligatedgeek

If you want a database backend then look at biggraphite.  

Its a droping replacement for graphite with a distributed Cassandra backend, nothing else would need changing, even grafana thinks its talking to normal graphite.

lahumenik

Hi, any news with new version support?

slbo

Hi, how do you await the new version, downgrade the ocum version?

Thanks

mattbanks

Any update?

September (and October for that matter) have come and gone with no 1.4 in the tool chest...

LDTGT

Second that, hoping this is coming soon. Is there any info on a release date?

cprivitere

Just so everyone knows, Chris Madden has left NetApp.

We will have to wait and see if anyone else at NetApp steps up and takes over the Harvest coding or if we have to do it on our own. 

Public