Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp Management Console window customization - how to make permanent?

reide

One of the great features of Protection Manager & the NMC is the ability to pick & choose the columns you view in the various menus. For example, the Dataset menu. However, as best I can tell, this custom configuration is ephemeral.  If you exit the NMC and re-start it, all of the columns revert back to the defaults and all of my customization is lost. The on-line help says nothing about making your changes permanent.

Is there a way in Protection Manager & the NMC to specify what the default columns should be for a given menu (i.e. the Datasets menu)?   Some file in the NMC installation path that i could edit perhaps?  Hmmmm? 

I have many customers asking how to do this, so any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

sinhaa

Not aware of any internal hacks, but I find that if you logout (and don't exit the NMC), then the customization stays. They will stay even if you login now to a different dfm server. But exiting the NMC and re-starting will again bring it back to the default state.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

jayanthi

NMC doesn't have support for the persistence of this kind of preferences. So no possibility of hackings too.

Public