Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Netapp NaBox: Adding My First syste,

mehliku

Hi

Im at the stage to add my first system to the appliance, nabox. This is a 7-mode system. When I try to add my first system, i get te following error:

failed(13001) : in Zapi::invoke, cannot connect to socket

User account created and is in an 'enabled' state  on the filer.

Could you also please confirm what ports are required to be open.

From the docs that ive seen it only mentions, 2003, 81 and 443.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbeattie

Hi Mehliku,

How are you tring to connect? Are you specifiying the systems IP Address or FQDN? I've seen a similar issue to the error:

I'd recommend ensuring that DNS is correctly configured for the system you attempting to connect to (IE there is a DNS A record and a PTR record for it) which is resolvable from the host you are attempting to connect from then attempt to add the system using the FQDN. If the system is resolvable in DNS and you are already attempting to connect via the FQDN but are recieving the above error then check the systems HTTPD and SSL configuration. Assuming you've secured your 7-Mode system to use the HTTPS protocol then the connection will use TCP port 443.

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mbeattie

Hi Mehliku,

How are you tring to connect? Are you specifiying the systems IP Address or FQDN? I've seen a similar issue to the error:

I'd recommend ensuring that DNS is correctly configured for the system you attempting to connect to (IE there is a DNS A record and a PTR record for it) which is resolvable from the host you are attempting to connect from then attempt to add the system using the FQDN. If the system is resolvable in DNS and you are already attempting to connect via the FQDN but are recieving the above error then check the systems HTTPD and SSL configuration. Assuming you've secured your 7-Mode system to use the HTTPS protocol then the connection will use TCP port 443.

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

mehliku

Hi

Thanks for the response. I will give that a try. I can ping the filer using the FQDN from the host im trying to connect from. Im currently looking also checking the firewall rules with out network team. If i get it working ill reply back here .

Again, thank you for the reply Smiley Very Happy

marz

If the produt is "OnCommand Performance Manager" (OPM), then 7-Mode systems are not supported in this product.  OPM only suppoprts addition of "cluster-mode" systems. 

Confirm the product by logging into the WebUI and choosing Help -> About.

mehliku

Hi

Finally able got it working. Turns out it was a firewall issue and needed port 443 open.

From the nabox appliance, best way to check is using the following command:

nc  -vz -w 5   ip-address port-no

The response should come back as

FQDN ip_address 443 (https) open

I think anything other than that, then further investigation is required. As in my case it was port not allowed in the firewall

Public