Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

No WFA Command to join an AD Domain when the computer account is pre-created

PatKing

Hi Folks!

Hoping someone can assist or point me in the right direction.  My company does not permit my team the access to create computer accounts (for SVMs) in Active Directory.  So we have that team pre-create the computer accounts for us in the domain.  All this works fine when manually creating SVMs via CLI, ONTAP simply asks if we want to use the existing /precreated computer account that it found and we say YES. 

So my issue is that I cannot find a WFA command/workflow that allows an SVM to join the AD domain in my pre-created computer account scenario.  Ultimately I am looking to build an SVM creation workflow and need to include the CIFS/AD steps to join AD.  

Please note that I did try the canned CIFS setup-related WFA commands and they fail, seemingly due to the requirement to create the computer account at that time 😞

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

anjana

Hi PatKing,

Request you to open a support case for this issue , so that we can check the feasibility of SVM creation workflow which includes option for pre-created computer account in AD.

Thanks,
Anjanasree

Public