Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Not Finding Newly Created Volume by Natural Keys

A_Campbell

I'm selecting volumes based on natural keys as shown in the screenshot below. I'm getting empty results when trying to find new volumes I've created in the last couple days on one particular filer. I'm able to find older volumes on this filer and able to find new volumes I created on a different filer. Any ideas why I get empty results on new volumes from one particular filer?

Natural Keys.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

geringer

I suspect that OCUM is having an issue monitoring or polling this one device.  Since the data in the WFA cache is loaded from OCUM, if OCUM has an issue collecting the data, then it will not be reflected in WFA.  Try logging into OCUM and see if the new volumes show up.  IF they do, then check your WFA Data Source, if they do not, then troubleshoot the connection from OCUM to the filer in question.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

geringer

I suspect that OCUM is having an issue monitoring or polling this one device.  Since the data in the WFA cache is loaded from OCUM, if OCUM has an issue collecting the data, then it will not be reflected in WFA.  Try logging into OCUM and see if the new volumes show up.  IF they do, then check your WFA Data Source, if they do not, then troubleshoot the connection from OCUM to the filer in question.

Mike

A_Campbell

Great info, thanks. I found that WFA isn't communicating properly with this one particular filer.

Public