Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCI 7 Datasource exclude option

wbennett5

Have some HDS arrays attached to a HDvM instance which are waiting for decommissioning and we no longer need to monitor but I've tried placing excludes in the Datasource config both on Array name and IP address(es) but nothing appears to have changed.  Not sure if I'm then meant to delete the arrays from OCI console or they are meant to show as offline so I can then delete... they still appear in the Web console under the datasource after the excludes are in place so I'm assuming it's not working so well ... ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ostiguy

Are you running OCI 7.0.0 or 7.0.1?

On 7.0.0 and earlier, you have to use a fairly cryptic syntax for HDS / HP CommandView AE exclusions.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1011093&locale=en_US&access=s

For HDS arrays, use the following:

ARRAY.<subsystem_type>.<serial_number>

For example:

ARRAY.R700.65010524

On 7.0.1, I believe this has been enhanced to be easier to use - I will follow up to this thread when I dig up the details of the enhancement

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ostiguy

Are you running OCI 7.0.0 or 7.0.1?

On 7.0.0 and earlier, you have to use a fairly cryptic syntax for HDS / HP CommandView AE exclusions.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1011093&locale=en_US&access=s

For HDS arrays, use the following:

ARRAY.<subsystem_type>.<serial_number>

For example:

ARRAY.R700.65010524

On 7.0.1, I believe this has been enhanced to be easier to use - I will follow up to this thread when I dig up the details of the enhancement

wbennett5

Thanks...

So it worked for one polling cycle... arrays showed as offline or removed and then next polling cycle they are back   I've comma separated the devices in the list so not sure if that's my issue?

ostiguy

Any chance you have duplicate datasources discovering these arrays?

On my 7.0.1 lab box, I confirm the traditional (painful) exclusion syntax, and the now supported serial number syntax works

ARRAY.HDS9570V.9988776655;12345

That excludes 2 arrays. I have polled the datasource multiple times, and the exclusion consistently works

wbennett5

Ok sorted thanks... issue was I'd left a space between each of the devices so ARRAY.AMS500.1234, ARRAY.AMS500.5678

All sorted thanks

Public