Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCI & Brocade Network Advisor aka BNA...

ostiguy

If you are an OCI customer, and you are running BNA, what version of BNA are you running?

If you are uncomfortable replying to this thread publically, you can ping me at ostiguy at netapp dot com

We are looking into the BNA REST API, and are seeing that certain BNA versions' are not going to very useful, so we are curious as to what version our customers are running

Thanks

Matt

12 REPLIES 12

matthias_beck

Hi Matt,

We are using the BNA in version 14.0.2.

Regs

Matthias

marcusgross

Hi,

14.2.0 runs here on RHEL.

Marcus

Don_Childers

We just upgraded to 14.2.0.

ostiguy

Hey all,

Good news / Bad news.

We are still looking into this. What we now know is that OCI engineering's efforts are stymied by Brocade BNA DEFECT000634686 , which is documented as fixed in BNA 14.2.1 release notes

So, once again, if you are interested in BNA support in OCI, and are on 14.2.1 or higher, we'd like to gather some data from your environment if possible.

Thanks

Matt

matthias_beck

Hi Matt,

we are still interested in the BNA support by OCI.

Regs

Matthias

ostiguy

Hey Matthias,

Any chance you have upgraded to BNA 14.2.1 or higher?

Thanks

Matt

matthias_beck

Hello Matt,

Currently it is 14.2.0 but I will talk to our HPE guy who is maintaining the software here for an update to x.1 or higher.

Regs

Matthias

pippen23

We are running BNA 12.4.1...

Rob_J

Yesterday I upgraded OCI to 7.3.4(7) and configured a datasource for BNA. Inventory succeeds but Performance fails. But even the inventory doesn't populate OCI with the SAN switches monitored by BNA. Still looking into why.

ostiguy

Hey Rob,

Are you sending OCI ASUP? If you are, send me a PM with your OCI Site name, and I can try to poke around for you....

Matt

INGO_REPINZ

Hello,

Brocade is now pushing quite towards using SANNav, are there any plans to enable this also for OCI as a replacement for the BNA?

It seems that BNA will stick around for some time still, but more "love" gets the SANnav now.

We have currently BNA and SANnav in place.

I fear in some not so distant future BNA will be replaced fully by SANnav.

Anyone here also in this situation?

BR Ingo

cheers Ingo

Don_Childers

Yes, we're getting ready to move to SANnav too.

Public