Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM 7.0RC1 How to custom alert email ?

PierreC

Hello,

We are using OCUM 7.0RC1 + PM 7.0RC1.

I would like to know if there is any possibilities to customize the alert email subject. 

We would like to add the system hostname related to the alert in the subject.

By default we receive this kind of alert: 

"Alert from OnCommand Unified Manager: Storage Failover Disabled (State: New)"

And our request is to have something like :

"Alert from OnCommand Unified Manager: SOURCE_NAME : Storage Failover Disabled (State: New)"

The source name system is of course available in the email body, but each time we have to check the email contect to find the system impacted.

4 REPLIES 4

GidonMarcus

Hi

Sorry to come with some bad news, i dumped the DB using "mysqldump -uroot -p  --all-databases > file.sql" and searched that file and all the software folders using notepad++ “search in files” capability for all relevant keywords and I’m 99% sure that both the subject and the body are somewhere compiled and not in any form of editable clear text.

Worth opening an RFE at support/accounting. this is pretty easy feature for NetApp to add and usable for us (in my case it will help to populate with useful info for our helpdesk as our OCUM automatically open cases using these emails alert.

Sorry for that bad news;

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

GidonMarcus

Oh,

One way that you can still get the same result is not to use the built-in email mechanism, you can attach a custom script to the alerts and use it to send the email….

https://community.netapp.com/t5/OnCommand-Storage-Management-Software-Discussions/Unified-Manager-6-3-Alert-scripts/m-p/116507#U116507

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

PierreC

Hello,

thank you for your proposal, i'll have a look and we'll try it.

mbeattie

Hi Pierre,

I think it's possible to do if you configured your OCUM alarm script to send the email instead of the default email sent by OCUM as the event source and email address can be dynamically enumerated within the script code.

https://community.netapp.com/t5/OnCommand-Storage-Management-Software-Discussions/Unified-Manager-6-3-Alert-scripts/td-p/116507/page/2

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public