Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM 7.1 and 7.2 custom reports differing in appearance

thywyn222

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has ran into this and has a solution.  I'm creating a report in BIRT and it imports just fine and appears like in BIRT in the OCUM UI.  My issue is that it doesn't appear the same when I try to send the output in a scheduled report to email.  

I'm trying to get 2 portions of a report on seperate excel tabs/sheets..  In BIRT it exports to and excel file just fine in the report designer, in the OCUM UI the 2nd portion comes up on a seperate page, but when I put it in a schedule the emailed excel sheet has everything on one sheet/tab.  This happens in OCUM 7.1 and 7.2

Also, on a side note.   I'm having issues with custom reports importing just fine into OCUM and then I adjust the appearance in OCUM (like create a group or aggregate in a column) and save it as a customized report.  It fails to email the customized report.. ... Any takers on that?

2 REPLIES 2

avijits

Hello:

Have you referred to the following technical report which covers creating custom reports and importing them.

https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4565.pdf

Thanks

-Avijit

thywyn222

Yep, that's how I got started.  I've noticed this issue with custom reports since about 6.3.  RPTDESIGN file imports just fine and looks good in the UI.  Exporting the contents is a mixed bag as to what gets formatted or not.  Then you try to email an xls or xlsx file and it seems to remove all formating.

Public