Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Performance Manager CPU Graphs?

armandol

All,

Does the OnCommand Performance Manager CPU graphs report average CPU utilization or ANY load?

Thanks in advance for the help!

6 REPLIES 6

deepuj

Hi,

As per the documentation:

Cluster CPU Time

Displays a graph of the CPU usage time, in ms, for all nodes in the cluster used by the selected workload.

The graph displays the combined CPU usage time for network processing and data processing. The CPU time for system-defined workloads that are associated to the selected workload, and are using the same nodes for data processing, is also included.

You can use the chart to determine if the workload is a high consumer of the CPU resources on the cluster. You can also use the chart, in combination with the Reads/writes latency chart under the Response Time chart, or the Reads/writes/other chart under the Operations chart, to determine how changes to workload activity over time impact cluster CPU utilization.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

armandol

Can you please direct me to the documentation you are refering to. I must have missed that information durig my review.

Thanks

deepuj

Hi,

try this link

Thanks 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

marz

Or, the full User Guide for OnCommand Performance Manager 1.1:  https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1552961.  The CPU information is on page 86

clementk

The above link provided is not accessible "File Not Found / Unauthorized Access", could you please provide another link or information on getting this pdf for download from the netapp website.

This is a very lame configuration to troubleshooting to be honest, controllers have CPU on them, why is it so difficult to monitor them as compared to the prior installations of NETAPP!!

marz

Links for OPM 7.1 GA documentation below:

OPM 7.1 GA document page:  https://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=62354&language=en-US 

User Guide:  Section:  Performance statistics displayed in the data breakdown charts

Public