Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft

ALLAN_LOWE

Hi,

I have just installed the OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft on System Centre 2012R2 however I am getting a few errors.

Firstly I am getting;

The Event Policy for the process started at HH:MM:SS has detected errors in the output. The 'StrErr' policy expression:

\a+

matched the following output:

FILEPATH\CollectControllerRateOfStorageUtilizationCounter.vbs(62, 15) OC.OM.Library: Failed to find management pack class DataONTAP.Controller"

Other than that I am getting script errors for Monitoring.ps1, Discovery.ps1 and StorageEfficiency.ps1 stating "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at Sysyem.Net.Scokets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)"

Has anyone come across this before?

I am sure its something I missed in the setup of the management pack or possibly permissions.

Many thanks,

Allan

8 REPLIES 8

anandsn

Hi Allan,

Please follow the IAG for proper install.

Excerpt from IAG:

Software versions required for plug-in installation

To ensure that the plug-in has all of the functionality that you require to perform your monitoring and

management tasks, you must have the appropriate versions of software installed.

The following versions of software are required for use with OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft:

• Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012 SP1 for SCOM management packs

• Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2012 SP1 for cloning cmdlets

• Microsoft System Center Orchestrator 2012 SP1 for Orchestrator integration packs

• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 for all features

ALLAN_LOWE

Hi,

I did follow the IAG just been back through and double checked all the steps the only discrepancy is that the version of SCOM we are running is 2012R2

Many thanks,

Allan

jeharrismsft

How did you setup your permissions?

ALLAN_LOWE

Hi,

On the controllers? I had an account configured with read only permissions and I have also had the SNMP community configured.

Many thanks,

Allan

ALLAN_LOWE

It might be worth me adding that functionality wise I can see something populated in most of the views under "Monitoring > Clustered Data ONTAP" however under "Monitoring > Data ONTAP" nothing except the Management Server view is populated.

The Data ONTAP issue appears to be that adding a controller gives the error "Network Device IP address is not a supported ONTAP controller." and reports OnCommand Plugin for Microsoft 3.1.

jeharrismsft

Alright... I'm using 4.0 over here... thought we were looking at something similar, but I guess not...

ALLAN_LOWE

Yeah, we are using version 4 as well its just that in the error it reports version 3.1, I'm not sure if that's just for the add controller tool.

jeharrismsft

I found the OnCommand event log on the SCOM mgmt server to be somewhat helpful....

Public