Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Unified Manager authentication configuration

hhiner2

I am setting up my first instance of OnCommand Core, and working through an issue with user authentication.

My DFM server is running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3, and the users are being authenticated to the server (e.g. ssh) via Samba and winbind to our Active Directory environment.

When a user logs into the OnCommand Core web interface, the authenication is going against the passwd file only, not trying to authenticate using winbind.

Does anyone know how the authentication can be configured to use winbind?

P.S.  We don't have an LDAP bind structure that we can currently use for this method.

2 REPLIES 2

marz

What release of OnCommand Unified Manager Core package?  RHEL6U3 has not been qualified for support with release 5.1 (7-Mode or Cluster-Mode operating instances) as this note, however RHEL6U2 has been qualified for support with 5.1 and the previous two operating instances.

If you have AD running, you can leverage AD for LDAP authentication.  See KB1011398 for more information.

hhiner2

I have installed OnComand Core 5.1 in 7-Mode.

I had tried working with the option authUsePam=yes, but to no avail.

I will go down the LDAP path now.  I was just looking for some configuration item that would sync up with the server's winbind authentication.

Public