Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommandHSVMware Error 4096

stanleyj42

I have had the command operations manager server up and running for several months and i just noticed my event log is full of authentication errors for vmware.  I have one connection setup for vmware and it appears to be reporting the storage correctly but I have errors on the filers syslog and the oncommand servers event logs.

Oncommand Event message:

1011876584 [Storage Refresh] ERROR com.netapp.smvi.zapi.ZAPIExecutorFactory - Unexpected error during refresh of storage system "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX": ZEPHYR-10004: ZAPI call "system-get-version" to "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" threw exception: Authorization failed

com.netapp.common.zapi.ZAPIRunnerException: ZEPHYR-10004: ZAPI call "system-get-version" to "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" threw exception: Authorization failed     at com.netapp.common.zapi.AbstractZAPIExecutor.execute(AbstractZAPIExecutor.java:82)     at com.netapp.common.zapi.ZAPIRunner.run(ZAPIRunner.java:58)     at com.netapp.common.zapi.ZAPIRunnerWrapper.run(ZAPIRunnerWrapper.java:54)     at com.netapp.smvi.zapi.StorageTarget.validate(StorageTarget.java:104)     at com.netapp.smvi.zapi.StorageTarget.refresh(StorageTarget.java:167)     at com.netapp.smvi.zapi.ZAPIExecutorFactory$RefreshThread.doRefresh(ZAPIExecutorFactory.java:422)     at com.netapp.smvi.zapi.ZAPIExecutorFactory$RefreshThread.run(ZAPIExecutorFactory.java:380)Caused by: netapp.manage.NaAuthenticationException: Authorization failed     at netapp.manage.NaServer.invokeHTTP(NaServer.java:791)     at netapp.manage.NaServer.invokeElem(NaServer.java:543)     at com.netapp.common.zapi.AbstractZAPIExecutor.execute(AbstractZAPIExecutor.java:52)     ...

On the Filer:

HTTP XML Authentication failed from 172.25.37.xxx.

I have looked all thru the operations manager and i cant seem to figure out where to put the crentials.  I honestly would like to drop the connection all together to vmware but cant seem to figure that out either.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Public