Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Oncommand Core 5.1 & Flashpool(hybrid_aggr) monitoring

magnet

Hi,

I monitor flashpool usage on the fly via oncommand manager 2.1. But for historical data keeping i could not able to find any solution via dfm counters list or did not saw anything related with it while i search.

So only monitoring features for now that i can find are stats via console and on the fly oncommand manager 2.1.

Anyone has any solutions for historical data keeping type monitoring? Even snmp will be sufficent i can printit out with rrd.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

Hi,

OCUM 5.1  doesnt report an aggr as Flashpool even if it is. The next version OCUM 5.2 which is currently available in BETA OnCommand Unified Manager 5.2 Beta Program

reports an aggrs attribute of flashpool. But even that doesnt collect any stats related to FlashPools.

BTW what stats are you looking to  you should probably try Performance advisor, if you know the counter name. PA allows you to configure, the collection frequency, retention time and what counters to collect.

Using PA many ppl today monitor the PAM cards stats.

Regards

adai

magnet

Those are the ones below mostly i look for. Is there any specifid snmp oids for wafl_hya_per_aggr stats?

I can make the graph via rrdtool too anyway if there is oids setted for them. I am really dissapointed that it doesnot support even in the new release. I am not big fan of the windows utulity which using it by adding the counter .

Also how come dfm perf counter doesnot list wafl_hya_per_aggr?. If there is a way that i can customize it on console i will gladly appriciated or any snmp solution will be nice too. I read a workaround ext_cache_object dfm pull too yes but none for flashpool?

Its for me that just unaccaptable to record it historically.

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:hya_read_miss_latency_count:8696

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:hya_read_miss_latency_average:47.22

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:read_ops_replaced:1617/s

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:read_ops_total:10195/s

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:read_ops_replaced_percent:15%

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:write_blks_replaced:0/s

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:wc_write_blks_total:0/s

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:wc_write_blks_replaced_percent:0%

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:est_write_blks_total:0/s

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:write_blks_replaced_percent:0%

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:evict_destage:0

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:evict_destage_rate:0/s

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:evict_remove:0

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:evict_remove_rate:0/s

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:read_cache_ins_rate:20/s

wafl_hya_per_aggr:aggr_fp0:cache_rej_reason_public_dist.internal:3698

kaikapola

Hi,

I'm also trying to find way to collect performance data of flash pool aggregates using OCUM 5.2. I have perfAdvisorShowDiagCounters=Enabled, but still I can't see needed counters.

Did youy find a way to do this?

Public