Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Oncommand Unfied manager and Performance manager issues

ousturali

Hi to all there,

we had upgraded our customers fabric metrocluster from 8.3 to 9.1P9 ,after this verison upgrade we had removed the old OnCommand machines, and then  installed the new Oncommand virtual appliances version 7.1P3.

But i have 2 issues with this newly installed softwares, OCPM does not collect and data, just volume names and svm names ,it does not collect any data from the filers,(we have 4 different filers ) .Also i had installed grafana ,it collects data without any problem

And also on OCUM , after the install  , we got the classical error "Middleware's registry data is possibly corrupted or clientAuth certificates are missing"

i had re-downloaded , re-installed, changed the IP and name but none helped me, i had followed the netapp KB " BR258" but it didnt solve my problem.

So if any of you can help me with above these two, please lead me to ,

thanks a lot.

OCUM:unified manager

OCUP:Unified performance manager

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ousturali

hi again

i really forgot that issue, 

we had installed the newest version ,which is a 1 virtual appliance that combines the OCUM and OCPM ,

The software lists under the " OnCommand Unified Manager " section but You DONT directly go to "vmware section", please select the "7.2 or above section"  ,there you can donwload it

After this version is installed the problems disappeared ,

thanks for the answers you had provided.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

ruijuan

Just to be clear, you installed both OCUM and OCPM 7.1P3, two instances?

ousturali

Yes, both OCUM and OCPM are installed seperately.

thanks

ruijuan

It's hard to tell why OCPM does not collect the data with the info in this thread. You may want to contact the customer support.

Dhiman

Kindly raise a Support ticket with appropriate Support bundle attached.

Thanks,

Dhiman

ousturali

hi to all,

thanks a lot for your answers, but i did not notice while doing the download, 

one of my collegaues has told me that there is a newer version (7.2 or above) in the software download list,

I will be installing this one, then report back to you.

Dhiman

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that UM 7.2 GA and UM 7.3RC1 is available now. 

Case1: Upgrading from UM 7.1 or lower versions

However, if you are upgrading from an earlier release like UM 7.1 or lower, you will need to migrate performance data from the earlier versions, in conjunction to the upgrade that you will be doing. 

You may also look at the performance data migration guide available in the TR here: https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4589.pdf. 

Case2: Fresh install of UM 7.2 or 7.3RC1

In case you are doing a fresh install and do not want performance data migrated from earlier versions, just follow the admin guide.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Dhiman

Dhiman

There is a change in installation since UM 7.2, Unified Manager (A.K.A. OCUM) and Performance Manager (A.K.A. OCPM) are in a single software bundle and is a single install! You do not need two diferent VMs for these...

Thanks,

Dhiman

qpad23

SteveDarragh

I have a simimlar problem where ocum 7.2 is not showing performance data for one cluster

The cluster is running 9.2P3 

Another 9.2P3 cluster is getting performance data and a 9.3 cluster is getting performance data.

I get Perf data on all my other 8.3 and 9.1 clusters as well.

Starting to think something is turned off on the problem cluster, but I can't think of what could be causing it not to send performance data.

ActiveIQ also does not have performance data for this cluster, so I think I'm on the right track.

The system manager interface shows performance data, so its something that is being collected by the cluster.

And statistics are being recorded from the CLI

Thanks
Steve Darragh

ruijuan

System Manager runs ONTAP ZAPI directly to get performance data. OCUM (and ActiveIO) downloads the performance data via an "achiver file". There might be come communication issue with access to the achiver file on the cluster.

ousturali

hi again

i really forgot that issue, 

we had installed the newest version ,which is a 1 virtual appliance that combines the OCUM and OCPM ,

The software lists under the " OnCommand Unified Manager " section but You DONT directly go to "vmware section", please select the "7.2 or above section"  ,there you can donwload it

After this version is installed the problems disappeared ,

thanks for the answers you had provided.

Public