Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Operations Manager (CORE) - free license available???

dirk_nielsen1

hello, some one told me, the core version of the Operations Manager would be available for free by now

1) is that true?

2) if true - how do I receive a license key?

regs

11 REPLIES 11

jhanna

Operations Manager is now included in the Base Software Pack with every FAS2000 and FAS3000 series purchase.  You can find the licenses on the now.netapp.com website under 'My Licenses'.

We also have a series of free training sessions we are running to help you get started with software delivered in the software packs including Operations Manager.  You can find more information on that here: http://communities.netapp.com/community/netapp_university/getting_started.

Hope that helps!

amiller_1

Do you know of a good way for existing customers to request a free OM license or the Base Pack for existing systems? (or for me as a partner to do it....have run into some quirks when I've tried)

smonborgne

Hi,

Do you know if IBM N-series customers are eligible to this offer too?

Thanks

Sylvain

aarondelp

Just adding my vote as a partner that I'm very interested in the process to receive a key for my lab use.  I also would like to know the process for our existing customers to get a key as well.

Thank you!

fenton

Aaron,

We can get you evaluation licenses for DFM to run in a lab environment - your best route is to ask your local Technical Partner Advisor;

Failing please email me and I'll put you in touch with the righ tperson and get you a eval/demo license

Kind regards

Rich

fenton@netapp.com

aarondelp

Thank you very much!

Any ideas on how to get the license for existing customers or is this only for new systems?

Thank you again!

fenton

I don't believe it's possible to retrospectively obtain a free Core license without purchasing the Software Packs

I'll ask someone to comment onto this thread

shaun_flynn

I removed my original post as i'm not sure the response was appropriate for the technology network community (I thought this was under the Sales Engineering page)

g_fildes1

Parag,

Those links do not appear to work for me.

Graham.

amiller_1

NetApp internal only links I believe....

Public