Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Ops Manager 4 and Java Management Console

rmutchler

I'm not sure if it is possible, but I would like to have the Management Console Java Application launch on a machine, and auto login.  Is there a config or a switch I can use to accomplish this?

3 REPLIES 3

smoot

You could certainly auto-launch it by putting it in your Windows Startup folder (assuming you're using Windows) or .profile (if Linux).

I do not think there is a way to have it automatically log into the DFM server. I don't believe we save your credentials anywhere.

sinhaa

I'm assuming you want NMC to be launched as soon as your system boots. You can do this by the following steps.

windows:

1. go to your StartUp dirrector in start -> Programs(or All Programs) -> StartUp. Click on the folder and startup folder opens.

2. Right click mouse and new -> Shortcut.

3. Add the target as C:\Program Files\Netapp\Management Console\bin\nmconsole.exe or where ever you've installed you NMC.

4. Next time you reboot your system, NMC will start on its own.

Linux: You must set the DISPLAY environment variable to a valid X11 server display.

1. Create a synbolic link to you your NMC like  /usr/bin/nmconsole-Rsumo3.0.1xN_100925_0330 using command

ln -s /usr/bin/nmconsole-Rsumo3.0.1xN_100925_0330 /etc/init.d/nmconsole-Rsumo3.0.1xN_100925_0330

Remembering password is not supported as of now.

warm regards,

Abhishek

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

rmutchler

I guess what I am trying to do is currently not possibledue to the credentials not being saved.  I guess I will have to come up with a service account for the shared console.

Thanks.

Public