Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

PARSE_ERROR: Expected statvers=1.0, got 1.1 from /proc/self/mountstats

SYNTAXERROR

Hi all

When I try to discover a CentOS 6.4 Server the collection always fail with the error:

PARSE_ERROR Expected statvers=1.0, got 1.1 from /proc/self/mountstats

Is there somewhere a support matrix for server OS or does anyone have the same error?

OnCommand Balance Version: 4.1.0.2

Thx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mkahlke

Balance 4.1.1 has a fix for this issue.  We no longer complain when we see a different statvers version number in the output of /proc/self/mountstats other than 1.0

We originally had thought that any change from 1.0 to a higher number could cause issues, e.g. the addition of new fields and columns in the output.  However this proved not to be the case so we removed the version check.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

plauterb

The Balance interop is in the NetApp IMT.

http://support.netapp.com/matrix/mtx/login.do

CentOS is not officially supported, though most times it work, since it is a derivative of Red Hat.

SYNTAXERROR

Thx for the answer.

So basically CentOS is the same as RHEL and I've seen in the IMT that only RHEL6.2 is supported and not 6.4.

DARRENBEDNAR

Any further updates on when 6.4 might be supported.  I'm in the same boat.

plauterb

This specific issue has been fixed in the latest release of OnCommand Balance 4.1.1. Please try the new version and report your results.

mkahlke

Balance 4.1.1 has a fix for this issue.  We no longer complain when we see a different statvers version number in the output of /proc/self/mountstats other than 1.0

We originally had thought that any change from 1.0 to a higher number could cause issues, e.g. the addition of new fields and columns in the output.  However this proved not to be the case so we removed the version check.

predee

Hi Mkahlke,

IHC the same with CentOS 6.4 Server the collection always fail with the error:

PARSE_ERROR Expected statvers=1.0, got 1.1 from /proc/self/mountstats

And i was upgrade Balance 4.1.0.2 to 4.1.1.2R1 but it still error:

Please advise.

mkahlke

Please create a support case.  CSS will set up a webex for sustaining to triage.  I checked the sources for 4.1.1.2R1 and that error message no longer exists, it was taken out in 4.1.1 so it is not clear how you are still seeing this error.  Sustaining will need to take a look at the appliance during the webex to investigate this issue further.

Public