Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Password Parameters

brycedeutsche

I'm trying to avoid clear text passwords in my Powershell scripts by passing them as variables from WFA where only Operators would be able to see these in the Workflow Commands, which is an improvement over having them in the scripts - however the parameters will be visible in the Execution output to Operators etc which will not do. Is there any facility in WFA to manage password variables or any variable types which when chosen are not displayed in the Execution output?

4 REPLIES 4

ag
NetApp

Hi,

Is this the controller password you are talking about?

For what purpose are you passing the passwords? Is it only for authentication?

If so, You can always configure the controller passwords at execution>credentials.

You can include a statement at the beginning of your command:

Connect-WfaCluster -Node $Cluster // For C-mode

and

Connect-WfaController -Array $Array // For 7-mode

That will take care of authentication

abhit

Hi:

There is a new feature named 'password as user input' coming up in the next release, scheduled towards

end of this year. With that feature, there will be another user input type known as password.

Password won't be visible in clear text in the user input screen.

Also it won't be logged in the log files.

Is this what you are looking for?

Regards

Abhi

brycedeutsche

Hi Abhi

That's exactly what I want - therefore WFA will hold the passwords and we can use the security of WFA to restrict access to the passwords.

So, there's no alternative currently than encrypting the password and de-encrypting in the PS script?

Bryce

adaikkap

Hi Bryce,

For now you may add the systems as a host in under credentials and access them as a hack.

Regards

adai

Public