Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Possible to create an SRM Path without a schedule, or a null schedule?

korns

I have a client situation where we want to create create SRM Paths but we do not want to have them run on a regular basis. We only want to manually control when they are walked. Using the web GUI under File SRM under OpsMgr v3.7.1 we could not see a way to create a path without giving it a schedule. By default the 'Once a day' schedule was there and we selected it. Then we tried to create another schedule and we hoped to create one called 'Never' (for example) that had no dates/times. It wouldn't let us do that either. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

msaravan

Hi Korns,

You can achive this using one of the below ways :

1. Create your SRM path via CLI.  In CLI, you can skip the schedule option and it is not mandatory.

ex: dfm srm path add <hostname>:<path>

[root@lnx ~]# dfm srm path add help

NAME
    add -- list managed SRM paths

SYNOPSIS
    dfm srm path add [ -s <schedule> ] [ -h <agent> ] { all | <object> ... }

[root@lnx ~]#

2. In UI also, there is a way you can select "None" as schedule.

Goto "Add or Edit SRM Paths" page ->   Click "Add A Schedule" -> It will launch "Edit SRM Path Walk Schedules" page. There you can create a new schedule with "Schedule Template" as "None". You can associate this new schedule to the SRM paths which you create.

I agree, the UI is little bit tricky but that is how it is as of today.

Regards,

Saravanan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

msaravan

Hi Korns,

You can achive this using one of the below ways :

1. Create your SRM path via CLI.  In CLI, you can skip the schedule option and it is not mandatory.

ex: dfm srm path add <hostname>:<path>

[root@lnx ~]# dfm srm path add help

NAME
    add -- list managed SRM paths

SYNOPSIS
    dfm srm path add [ -s <schedule> ] [ -h <agent> ] { all | <object> ... }

[root@lnx ~]#

2. In UI also, there is a way you can select "None" as schedule.

Goto "Add or Edit SRM Paths" page ->   Click "Add A Schedule" -> It will launch "Edit SRM Path Walk Schedules" page. There you can create a new schedule with "Schedule Template" as "None". You can associate this new schedule to the SRM paths which you create.

I agree, the UI is little bit tricky but that is how it is as of today.

Regards,

Saravanan

Public