Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Problems to discover a previous deleted SnapVault relationship with PM

thorsten_pfeifer

Hi Folk

My PM (Version 3) is having problems to discover a manual created Qtree SnapVault relationship which I have deleted some time ago. 2 new manual created SnapVault within the same volume where discovered correctly. When I try to add the Qtree to the specific data set I get the following message.

• Warning:Found a deleted relationship for primary filer:/volume/qtree and dpReBaselineMode is set to Confirm.
  • Action: Check for prior deleted relationship that may have been used for this primary
  • Reason: Task requires user confirmation
  • Suggestion: If the relationship should be present, attempt to resolve possible issues with the relationship. If 'Conform Now' is selected at this time, be aware that a re-baseline may be attempted to conform this dataset.

Question is now how I can import the relationship, which has be re-created after the deletion, into PM once again? Is there something I have to do on the PM itself that the deleted Relationship got removed for ever and can be re-discovered by PM? On the Filer cli everything looks fine but I want to control the SnapVaults via PM to get a better overview etc.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Thorsten

4 REPLIES 4

adaikkap

Check for the re-created relationship in the external relationship tab and try to import it.

If the deleted relationship qtree is part of the dataset remove it from the dataset uisng dfpm dataset relinquish command.

Then do a dfm host discover on the source and destination filer and wait for few miutes for the snapvault discovery to complete.

Then import them back to dataset.

Regards

adai

thorsten_pfeifer

Thanks for your comments Adai. The re-created relationship (done using the snapvault start command) isn't showing up in the external relationship tab. I removed the relationship using PM GUI and nothing else. Currently the QTree I want to add to the dataset ins't part of it but it was previously.

Can you tell me in more details how I have to deal with the dfpm dataset relinquish command?

Entered dfpm.exe dataset relinquish %qtreename%

and got following Error: Could not find volume or qtree '%qtreename%'. Reason: There is no host, aggregate, volume, qtree, resource group, or dataset named %qtreename%.

Question for me is why does PM find a relationship which got deleted?

Regards

Thorsten

rawlinsong

any suggestions?? as i too have the same problem

tyrone_owen_1

I've got a similar issue in OnCommand Core 5.1 where I've deleted a qtree from a dataset, completed dfpm relinquish, now my dataset is shoing as non-conformant with the same error message as posted initially, i.e.

• Warning:Found a deleted relationship for primary filer:/volume/qtree and dpReBaselineMode is set to Confirm.
  • Action: Check for prior deleted relationship that may have been used for this primary
  • Reason: Task requires user confirmation
  • Suggestion: If the relationship should be present, attempt to resolve possible issues with the relationship. If 'Conform Now' is selected at this time, be aware that a re-baseline may be attempted to conform this dataset.

It seems a complicated process to remove a SV relationship from a dataset and have things properly cleaned up.

Public