Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Protection Manager: Ignoring preferred interface for SV backup

alexander_liesch

We have 2 sites with a dedicated VLAN interfaces for SV traffic.

The preferred interface for SV traffic is configured with the ndmpd.preferred_interface option as described. ndmpDataUseAllInterfaces is set to '0' on DFM.

The SV relationships were established with DFM 4.0.1 and worked well until update to DFM 4.0.2D2. DFPM seems to ignore the preferred interface and tries to connect via the default interface of the filers (where ndmp traffic is blocked at the firewall) which leads to "cannot connect to source filer" on snapvault update.

Protection manager jobs show "Retrieved preferred interfaces" with correct interface ip.

Trying to create a new dataset/establish a new sv relationship also shows correct "Retrieved preferred interfaces" but "Creating backup relationship with ... via the default interface"

I looked at the older jobs where "Creating backup relationship with ... via <correct ip>" was shown.

We are using DFM 4.0.2.7815 (4.0.2D2) on Windows and ONTAP 8.0.1P4 on our filers.

Support case is already open but I would like to ask the community if anybody has seen this odd behaviour before.

P.S.: Sorry for crosspost to forums.netapp.com - I wasn't familiar with difference between the community and support forum.

3 REPLIES 3

sharmav

Hi ,

the similar problem i am too facing and mine is new enviormenet with DFM.4.0.2d2.

-Vivek

rshiva

Hi all,

Can you please try backingup with the option ndmpDataUseAllInterfaces set to on and see if it works? Please let us know about the outcome.

Thanks and regards

Shiva Raja

jerome_barrelet

Hi Shiva,

We had also a case opened from a while and we have received an answer from the support that tell us to put the option ndmpDataUseAllInterfaces to on.

Now I can tell that it's works !

I'm running the version 4.0.2 D6

Regards

Jerome

Public