Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Provisioning Manager 4.0 and modification of NFS exports

madden

I am trying to use the Provisioning Manager and have created a dataset and provisioned storage to a NFS client.  I then wanted to change the NFS client access settings for the dataset and did so in the GUI.  No errors were thrown and the GUI shows my updated export settings but using the exportfs command on the storage controller I can see nothing has been modified.  I checked on the dfmserver.log for debug info and see this messages logged:

Dec 02 20:07:29 [dfmserver: INFO]: [3024:0xad8]: Modified export settings for node Tenant_C:root of dataset Tenant_C (2949).

I checked the storage controller's auditlog and didn't see any entry indicating a connection occurred from the DFM server.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?  Is it possible to enable a debug level in DFM that would show more info?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Tanmoy is right, the modified export settings is only taken into account for the next provisioning request.

As export or cifs settings are not conformance actions that are periodically checked and modified if they are changed.

We can either have dataset level export settings or individual member level export settings.

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

lovik_netapp

AFAIK there isn't any option in DFM to modify export entries on filer, you have to use exportfs only, have used 3.8 and 4 but never saw it working. Would be interested to hear if any DFM guru like Rich or Adai can shed some line on it.

tanmoy

Provisioning Manager does not modify export settings, this capability is not

there in the product today!! What you have done is that you have changed the

export settings at dataset level which will have effect from next

provisioning onwards; your next provisioned container will have these new

export settings!!

There is already an RFE on this!!

Thanks

Tanmoy

adaikkap

Tanmoy is right, the modified export settings is only taken into account for the next provisioning request.

As export or cifs settings are not conformance actions that are periodically checked and modified if they are changed.

We can either have dataset level export settings or individual member level export settings.

Regards

adai

Public