Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Qtree Create soft options

pitrakou

Hi, not sure I have missed this or it's part of something else, but when you select the Qtree Create option, there does not seem to be a option to set the soft disk and filer limits from within the command. Can these be set elsewhere?

Thanks

Tony

5 REPLIES 5

goodrum

The Built-in Quota Management was for Hard Quotas only.  I posted a Complete Quota Management Command that will allow all fields to be managed.  It was last tested for 1.0.2 and is part of my list of things to do this week.  I am trying to update the entire Pirate Pack for NAS to 1.1.1 by end of the week.

https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-14076

pitrakou

Missed that, will take a look at it. Out of interest, does it just update existing quotas?

goodrum

My Complete Quota Management Command does both.  It will create or update Quotas.  It also supports adding User/Group Quotas to Volumes or Qtrees.

yaronh

Currently we don't have support for soft quotas for qtrees.

We have revamped our "Create Qtree Qouta" and "Resize Qtree quota" to work better in 1.1.1 in terms of updating the quotas,

and will add the option not to "Refresh" quotas "Now" (That will be combined with a command that will refresh all quotas on the
volume later in a maintenance window) in 2.0.

If such a code snippet may assist you now, I can see if I can share some of it here.

We are also adding user quota handling....

Yaron Haimsohn

WFA team

pitrakou

Hi Yaron

Yes that would be usefull, I am creating a workflow wich needs to set the soft valuse (for alerting) so if you have something that you can share that would be good, otherwise I will need to look at what goodrum has produced.

If you can't share it publically, can you send it to my NetApp account?

Thanks

Tony

Public