Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Queries on report studio or data metrics

sunilyadav

Hi again,

This thread only for reporting queries.

1. Host Name are discovered in mix of shortname or FQDN (physical servers and ESX) when I login to java. A part of my report is pulling host names but customer want only short names. I tried to add new data item and used functions like substring, left, position etc but either it throw error during validation or while running report.

But when I run same function in mysql query it is working fine. For eg, below is giving me results what I need:

select name, if(position('.' in name) > 0, left(name, position('.' in name)-1), name) as new_host from host

Output of that would be: xxx.yyy.zzz   xxx

But if I use same function in cognos report studio, and run it, I get error. Attached is the screenshot. For simplicity I am just using hostname in a report and another data item where I use function, pass hostname as input. Screenshot is 3 in 1, query explorer, new data item expression and result of that query.

2. In 1 of the report I am pulling host IOPS data. I can see the data when I run it in tabular form in query explorer but not in HTML. A point to note here is those host have 0 IOPS as that is test environment. So just want to confirm that is there any kind of validation that 0 IOPS wont show in HTML or excel version of reports. FYI there is no filter to exclude hosts which have 0 IOPS.

3. Storage Utilization reports working well for some devices but not with HDS VSP G series. In OCI server I can see values recorded for IOPS but reports are blank. Again this is test environment so no load on that array but I expect "0" as a value in report rather than showing blank.

11 REPLIES 11
Public