Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Regex in filter with variable

dblackwe

How do we use regex in a filter?

When I do..

where column regex '${variable}$'

I want where column ends with variable, but $ and {} are both regex code bits and I can't get the sql query I need.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

@dblackwe

Where columns REGEXP '${Exp}'

So now Exp becomes a parameter for the Filter. While testing it, provide any expression as you want. If you need 'ends with 01' provide the value of Exp : 01$

Ends in a-z : [a-z]$

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sinhaa

@dblackwe

Where columns REGEXP '${Exp}'

So now Exp becomes a parameter for the Filter. While testing it, provide any expression as you want. If you need 'ends with 01' provide the value of Exp : 01$

Ends in a-z : [a-z]$

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sinhaa

@dblackwe

I can suggest another way. If you are finding it difficult to get your filter SQL with REGEXP then just don't have a regexp in filter SQL at all. Have it as a  plain parameter like

WHERE column LIKE '%${varible}'

So now your filter has a parameter, $variable

In workflow User-Input, you can define your Regex for this string $varibale. So this will give you the desired result.

sinhaa

Public