Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Report in Business Insight Advanced - sectioning on a chart?

GREGORY_SEATON

So I'm just now learning BIA and have been following several of the videos on here. I've created the report listed in this video https://communities.netapp.com/videos/2610 except I sectioned the table data by manufacture, not quarter. I would like to be able to show each manufacture as it's own line on the chart, can someone point me in the right direction on how to do that? Trying to select "sectioning" with the chart selected does not work. Currently the chart just shows the total amounts for all manufactures combined.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hotz

Gregory,

I'm not an expert with this either, but I gave it a try and I think I got it, although my data sample doen't show much capacity change, but that's because I got only a very small amount of data. Anyway, I tried to indicate in the screenshot that I placed the vendor object from the physical storage capacity on the Y axis directly underneath the capacity object so to speak as a child object of the same.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Gerhard

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hotz

Gregory,

I'm not an expert with this either, but I gave it a try and I think I got it, although my data sample doen't show much capacity change, but that's because I got only a very small amount of data. Anyway, I tried to indicate in the screenshot that I placed the vendor object from the physical storage capacity on the Y axis directly underneath the capacity object so to speak as a child object of the same.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Gerhard

GREGORY_SEATON

You got it, thats pretty much what I was looking for. Had some DWH issues that derailed me but once I got back to looking at the reports all I had to do was put Manufacture under the capacity objects. Thanks!

Public