Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Resize Volume Cmode And UnderLying Aggr Capacity

Adai

How to make sure that the resize volume takes care of the underlying aggrs used space calculation.

Resize should not run or fail, if the underlying aggrs used capacity crosses say 80% due to the resize.

How to achieve the same ? Using Constants ? If so does it take care of current resizing capacity into account as well ?

Else define a variable say $aggrUsedSpacePercentage <= 90 in Advaced tab ?

12 REPLIES 12

Touch

Hello Every body,

I have question about Audit log, If create , resize or delete Volume 

I want to know who are action. and if have 3rd party software for integrate with netapp please tell me.

Thank you very much.

abhit

Hi Touch:

Thanks for your query. Couple of questions.

Is your 3rd party software only using WFA REST APIs to do create , resize or delete Volume?

And you want to know which user has done create , resize or delete Volume from the 3rd party software.

Is my understanding correct?

Regards

Abhi

geringer

I have written a workflow that grows a 7-mode volume to a desired free space percentage if doing so would not exceed any one of three aggregate thresholds (actual used space in aggregate, actual guaranteed + used space, and committed percentage).  The workflow also grows VSM destinations.  I am planning on upgrading the workflow to cDOT sometime this week.  What version, and mode  of OnTap and WFA are you trying to support.

Adai

HI,

I am doing it for cdot8.2.1 with WFA 3.0

Regards

adai

shailaja

Hi,

One way to do this is:

Resize Volume command can be disabled if the resize leads to aggregate going above 80% used space threshold.

In the Advanced tab you can have a condition like:

- $TargetSize is the size to which the volume has to be grown to.
- volume1 is the variable name of the volume in Resize Volume command

((volume1.aggregate.used_size_mb + ($TargetSize - volume1.size_mb))/volume1.aggregate.size_mb) < 0.8

The above condition in advanced tab can be converted to throw an exception if the intent is to abort the workflow and not to just disable the command.

Note: You might have to change your logic slightly if you want to take care of volume guarantees. The above assumes the volume is thickly provisioned.

Thanks,
Shailaja

Adai

Hi Shailaja,

Yes the expression helped and it worked. And yes my intent is to abort the workflow and not just disable the command.

Can you point me at some examples on how to abort ?

Since in my case I am trying to to increment the volume size. I put the expression like the one below,

($IncrementSizeInGB*1024 + (int)resizeVolume.aggregate.used_size_mb)/((int)resizeVolume.aggregate.size_mb) < AGGREGATE_USED_SPACE_THRESHOLD

The int type was added as I ran into a issue.  It did a string concatenation and not addition.

Regards

adai

Adai

Any updates on how to abort a command based on a expression in the Advanced tab ?

Any sample workflow availabe To take a look ?

Regards

adai

abhit

A command will execute if the expression is true.

Please see the attached jpeg.

I think is your question is how to abort the workflow?

Abhi

Adai

Hi Abhi,

Yes my question is how to make the workflow abort, if the expression evaluates false.

Regards

adai

abhit

An exception can be thrown to abort the workflow if the condition is not met.

Please look into the attached sample workflow.

Regards

Abhi

Adai

Hi  Geringer,

Adai
Yes, my question is how to abort the workflow I'd the expression evaluates false.

Regards
Adai
Public