Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

ReturnWFAParamaters into attribute

mdaly1234

Hello,

After running a workflow from VCO in WFA, I require some return Parameters (which have been set up in WFA correctly). After the VCO workflow finishes the parameters are outputted in the logs from the completed workflow in VCO, i need them in something I can reference later on for emailing out completetion email:

[2015-02-24 09:30:07.600] [I] Return Parameters:
[2015-02-24 09:30:07.601] [I] --qtree-name=xxxxxx
[2015-02-24 09:30:07.602] [I] --volume-name=xxxxxxx
[2015-02-24 09:30:07.603] [I] --volume-vfiler=xxxxxx
[2015-02-24 09:30:07.604] [I] --export-pathname=xxxxx

(I have substituted real values for x's)

From the output of the workflow object "NetApp WFA Workflow execution" I have set the Local Parameter "returnWFAParamters" to a Source parameter with the same name (attribute- string) but for some reason this seems to be blank when the workflow has completed. 

What am I missing? Has anyone had this working?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

There is a bug in the earlier versions of the vCO Package for WFA Integration where the returnWFAParameters is a string object instead of a properties object.  Be sure to update to the latest version of the package if you have not already.

Here is what the outputs should look like for the "NetApp WFA Workflow execution" vRO/vCO workflow:

2015-03-10 11_25_16-10.63.171.164 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

With the correct type for that parameter you should now be able to access the values from a scriptable task.

// if you know the name of the WFA return parameter
System.debug("Returned value " + returnWFAParameters.get("someProperty") + " for parameter someProperty");

// if you want to enumerate all of the returned values
for (var key in returnWFAParameters.keys) {
  System.debug("Returned parameter " + key + " equals " + returnWFAParameters.get(key));
}

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Public