Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Row Loop variable

rogerhinson

Hi,

I'm starting with a list of IQNs entered in CSV format from an input variable, iqnList, to create multiple igroups based on the server name

Example is:  iqn.1994-05.com.redhat:john, iqn.1994-05.com.redhat:joe, iqn.1994-05.com.redhat:bob

I created a function, getServerFromIQN that takes the iqn name and just leaves the host name.

I create a row loop for Number of Time with Number of Times equal to getSize($iqnList)

The Variable Index is set to iGroupIdx

Variable Name is iGroupName

Initial Value is getServerFromIQN(getValueAt($iqnList,1))

Expression is getServerFromIQN(getValueAt($iqnList,iGroupIdx+1))

My problem is that if the the Expression is performed after the last item in my list and so there isn't an iGroupIdx+1 to look at and I get an error.

How can I set the Expression to only evaluate if the size of the list is less than the iGroupIdx?  I tried an if/then, but got an error evaluating the expression.

This is WFA 2.2.

Thanks,

Roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

karale

Hi Roger,

Can you try

(iGroupIdx<= getSize($iqnList))?getServerFromIQN(getValueAt($iqnList,iGroupIdx+1)):0

in express column?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

abhit

Hi:

Can you please try with:

getServerFromIQN(getValueAt($iqnList,iGroupIdx));

Regards

Abhi

rogerhinson

Hi,

When I remove the +1, I don't get an error, but it loops through the first item twice.  I'm doing a NoOp to see if the igroup exists before creating it and end up with incorrect results when I remove the +1.

I think I need the expression, to not calculate on the last iteration.

I've attached the dar file to help out.

Thanks,

Roger

karale

Hi Roger,

Can you try

(iGroupIdx<= getSize($iqnList))?getServerFromIQN(getValueAt($iqnList,iGroupIdx+1)):0

in express column?

rogerhinson

Thanks Karale,

That's what I was looking for..  I need to make it just < instead of <=, but now it works just as I wanted..

Thanks again,

Roger

Public