Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

SRM Maximums - per path? per user? other?

korns

In SRM you can config these maximums (see below). Are these "per user" (ie; for each user, the top 20 largest files are recorded) or "per path" (ie; for each path walked, the top 20 largest files)? ... or possibly per agent?

Maximum      Number of Largest Files Maximum Number of Least Recently Modified Files Maximum Number of Least Recently Accessed Files Maximum Number of Recently Modified Files
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

prasads

Hi,

Answer: It is per path.

By default, only top 20 files are stored in DFM database for each of below category per path.

1. Maximum Number of Largest Files
  2. Maximum Number of Least Recently Modified Files   
  3. Maximum Number of Least Recently Accessed Files   
  4. Maximum Number of Recently Modified Files

This value can be changed in the Options -> SRM page.

Max value for these options is 100000.

Although it is not hard limit while setting this number, your FSRM filewalk will not work if this number is more than 100k

Regards,

Prasad

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

prasads

Hi,

Answer: It is per path.

By default, only top 20 files are stored in DFM database for each of below category per path.

1. Maximum Number of Largest Files
  2. Maximum Number of Least Recently Modified Files   
  3. Maximum Number of Least Recently Accessed Files   
  4. Maximum Number of Recently Modified Files

This value can be changed in the Options -> SRM page.

Max value for these options is 100000.

Although it is not hard limit while setting this number, your FSRM filewalk will not work if this number is more than 100k

Regards,

Prasad

korns

Thanks. I suspect that but needed to make sure.

A closely related question about "SRM - Largest Directories". There is not a SRM Maximum that I see can be set on this but there are reports that report largest directories. It appears, since the report contained exactly 100 largest directories at the client I was working at this week, that 100 might be a fixed maximum for largest directories. ... and similar to above question, is the upper limit is 100, is that per-path, per-agent or FSRM overall. I believe we created 3 srm paths, walked 2 of those paths and while the 3 was still being walked we looked at the "srm largest directories" report where we saw exactly 100 directories. So I'm suspecting this limit is an overall SRM limit". Can you confirm or deny that is the case?

Thanks in advance

prasads

Hi,

If you are running the FSRM report “SRM - Largest Directories” against the Global group(default), it will return you the overall top 100 items.

You have to run the reports against the FSRM path, & you’ll see the top 100 items related to that particular path.

The “SRM - Largest Directories” option is configurable only via the CLI. (see example below)

It is not available in the OpsMgr UI.

Be default its value is 100

Note: You have to re-run the file walk after changing the options.

Until then you may not see the change in the no. of items displayed.

#dfm option list | grep -i srm

srmLargestDirs                        100

srmLargestFiles                       10000

srmLeastRecentlyAccessedFiles         10000

srmLeastRecentlyModifiedFiles         10000

srmMonInterval                        10 minutes

srmRecentlyModifiedFiles              10000

# dfm option set srmLargestDirs=200

Changed maximum number of largest dirs to 200

yangus

Is the 100k item per report still the case in 4.0.1??  Thanks!

adaikkap

Yes.

Regards

adai

yangus

Thanks!

Public