Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Savings by compaction

matthias_beck

Hello,

Are the savings by compaction, which is based on the aggregate level, already available in the DWH?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

ostiguy

Hey Matthias,

OCI 7.3.1 has an extensible schema capability. We have patches in OCI 7.3.1 that extend the storage pool object to have some attributes to store facts about compaction.

In OCI 7.3.1, within the DWH it is possible to perform point in time reporting on attributes brought into OCI via the extensible schema

Matt

matthias_beck

Hey Matt,

Thank you for the information.

Currently we are running on 7.3.0 and at the Insight in Berlin I already saw 7.3.2. Is there already aplanned release time frame for it?

I don't want to do the update to 7.3.1 and a week later to 7.3.2.

Regards

Matthias

ostiguy

OCI 7.3.2 is expected late in calendar Q1, 2018.

matthias_beck

Hello Matt, 

It seems that I'm blind 🙂

Can you give me a hint where I can find the scheme in the DWH?

Last week I have updated our OCI Environment to 7.3.1.

Thank you

Regards

Matthias

ostiguy

Crikey, I need coffee.

We are talking compaction, not compression, so I am re-writing this answer.

Compaction was added to storage pools via the 7.3.1+ extensible schema. For now, the DWH only has point in time values in the DWH_inventory mart.

extended_data

is the table I believe you want to look at

matthias_beck

Hey Matt,

no problem. 🙂

Currently I cannot see the extended_data in the Database.

How do I get this 7.3.1+ extensible schema?

I already got the link to the latest data source patches, but I think there it is not included.

Regards

Matthias

ostiguy

Data source patches in 7.3.1+ can extend the schema.

Looking at your OCI ASUP data, it looks like you are running cDOT datasource code as it shipped with 7.3.1

It could be that 7.3.1 didn't ship out of the box with compaction support within cDOT.

It may also be, that the DWH dynamically creates that table as necessary, and perhaps you have no datasources deployed that extend the schema.

We are unfortunately behind, and haven't been able to ship a data source service pack for 7.3.1 yet, as had been expected.

Installing the latest cDOT patch may sort this out - on my laptop, compaction is additionally visible as part of the capacity as a time series feature

Matt

Public