Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

SnapMirror / SnapVault data

hland

It seems that Report currently doesn't have any data for SnapMirror and Snapvault relationships (lag time, status, bytes transferred, ...). Are there any plans to include this data in the future (since OnCommand has it in its database)?

Thanks

Hendrik

5 REPLIES 5

araman

Hi Hendrik,

Yes, it is in the plan for a future release. BTW, Let me know if there are specific kind of reports you are looking for (share if you have any sample reports), it will be helpful for us to validate the data we collect and the schema we design,

Thanks

Arun

hland

Hi Arun,

thanks for the fast response!

I'm specifically looking for reports on

• Volumes that are unprotected (e.g. not replicated by SnapMirror/Snapvault) --> This might be possible today with Report, need to look into it
  • Lag Times for SnapMirror Relationships, in relation to the SnapMirror schedule (e.g. report all relationships that exceed the lag time they should have as a maximum based on the schedule. If replication is set to occur every 3 hours and lag is 4 hours, show relationship in report)
  • Any relationships that are in an error condition (broken-off, etc.)
  • Report on all relationships with source, destination, status, lag-time, schedule

This is for a customer that has several thousand SnapMirror relationships. DFM can't easily provide the reports in the form we need them, although it has all the required data. Currently we are using a custom script that extracts the data from the DFM database and builds reports but I would love to change this to OC Report.

What is the timeframe for including this data in report?

Thanks

Hendrik

STANHOROWITZ

In addition to the data that hland is requesting, on a daily basis I track the snapmirror data size transferred as well as the duration of the last transfer.  We keep this data for an entire month, by month.  Historical data reporting would be helpful for a designated period of time.

Thanks....

Stan

renem

Hi Arun,

I'm specifically looking for the following reports:

• Report all Snapvault Relationships when LAG time greater than xx hours (or minutes)
  • Report Snapvault Relationships with Source, Destinations, Bytes Transferred, Transfer Rate /sec, Last Transfer Duration
  • Report all Qtree they are not in a Snapvault Relationship

Thanks

-- Rene

willhebden

Hi Arun

Just like Rene above, We have several hundred SnapVault Relationships and would like to report on those that exceed a particular threshold, so another vote here for:

• Report all Snapvault Relationships when LAG time greater than xx hours (or minutes)

Regards

Will

Public