Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Stumped: share.vserver.cluster.primary_address - property 'cluster' can't be resolved

WFA newbie is stumped.

Building a 3-step cDOT workflow (see attached). The second step uses the "Remove CIFS Share ACL" command.

The UserInputs for Cluster, Vserver and Share and cascading selects. It took me a long time to formulate the SQL-SELECT for the $ShareName UserInput because I want it to only show shares on that cluster/vserver. The UserInput selects seem to operate as I want but something must be wrong. When I preview or execute the WF I get this error:

Illegal expression: share.vserver.cluster.primary_address - property 'cluster' can't be resolved

At command 'Remove CIFS Share ACL', tab 'Cifs_Share', variable 'share'

The entire WF is attached. The $ShareName UserInput SELECT code is here (since I created this part I suspect it could be in value ... though at user-input run-time it does what I expected)

====

SELECT

cifs_share.name

FROM

cm_storage.cluster,

cm_storage.vserver,

cm_storage.cifs_share

WHERE

cluster.name = '${ClusterName}'

AND vserver.name = '${VserverName}'

AND cifs_share.vserver_id = vserver.id

ORDER BY

cifs_share.name

rle Netapp Alumni

Re: Stumped: share.vserver.cluster.primary_address - property 'cluster' can't be resolved

Hi,

I looked that the "Remove CIFS Share ACL" command and didn't understand the Parameters Mapping which is where you got your errors from.  I cloned the command and mapped the parameters to something that fits better with your workflow.  I also fixed the parameters in the "Send E-mail" command.  Since I can't attach a file to a reply, I updated the workflow fix.

Regards,

- Rick -

Re: Stumped: share.vserver.cluster.primary_address - property 'cluster' can't be resolved

Thanks Rick.  You made my day.

I did not even think to look at the Command's Parameter Mappings. I cloned this WF (I think) from something and I'm not positive if I cloned from something certified or something from someone else.

Do a standard set of Command Parameter Mappings come with each command or are they generated as my workflow step is built up? I'm fuzzy on that.

Dave

rle Netapp Alumni

Hi Dave,

Certified commands come with the their Parameter Mappings.  They are not generated by a workflow. This is the first one I've seen that didn't work properly.  Please mark this discussion correctly answered.

Thanks,

- Rick -