Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

System Manager 1.0.1

rle
NetApp Alumni

System Manager 1.0.1 is now available at: http://now.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/software.

This release fixes burt 360643, deleting volumes when intending to delete snapshots, burt 3371883, checking for existing LUN IDs, and some other bugs.  Please check the release notes for the complete list.

This release also supports any platform running ONTAP 7.2.3 up to but not including 8.0.  V-series storage systems are not supported with this release

Thank-you for your continued usage of System Manager.

- Rick -

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

misra

You can uninstall System Manager 1.0 and then install System Manager

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

BrendonHiggins

Thanks for posting the link.  I will download and let you know how it works.

Bren

amiller_1

Very interesting to read about the volume/snapshot deletion issue....fortunately that's not one I've run into (although we have quite a few customers using System Manager and really liking it).

I must admit I was hoping that the dedup graph/numbers display issue would be fixed (as I described with screenshots in a post here actually).

klink

Happy to hear folks are liking System Manager.

As noted, this release has just a few bug fixes and relaxes the prior platform restrictions.

Before too long, we should have another point release with a few more features and additional fixes.

Steve

paulshannon

Hi Steve

Do you have any idea of a release for 1.0.2 or 1.1?  I have V-Series customers that find it quite alarming that they have to edit the xml to allow 'unsupported' systems to sue System Manager.  They love the tool, but just get a bit twitchy at the phrase unsupported systems.

Any indication as to release date would be great.

Paul

rle
NetApp Alumni

V-series will be supported early 2010.

- Rick -

guestsylis

Any idea when metroclusters will be supported by this tool?

rle
NetApp Alumni

Metrocluster is currently not on the roadmap for System Manager 1.x.  Please submit a case or bug report.

Regards,

- Rick -

rle
NetApp Alumni

I would look into our Protection Manager product for Metrocluster support.

- Rick -

amiller_1

I'll admit that I've been very pleasantly surprised by how solid version 1.0 was.....I'm usually not a version .0 kind of person (a lesson I've learned painfully ).

danielpr

Andrew,

Dedupe issue is Data ONTAP bug 324868 and not a System manager issue.

I have already responded to your original thread http://communities.netapp.com/message/10592#10592.

Thanks

Daniel

amiller_1

Ah...thanks for the note/update....missed that post (have been hanging on by my fingertips recently).

danlorth

Any word as to the official" way to upgrade System Manager from 1.0 to 1.0.1.  Can  I simply run the .exe and have my current 1.0 configuration roll forward, or are there any additional steps that must take place?

I could not find anything in particular in either the quick start guide or release notes about upgrading from 1.0.

misra

You can uninstall System Manager 1.0 and then install System Manager

danielpr

Hi Dan,

I will check with the engineering team about the Official Upgrade procedure and will ask them to publish it ASAP.

Thanks;

Daniel

amiller_1

Hmmm.....I've just installed 1.0.1 over 1.0 without any issues actually....

~~~

Edit: ok...I must be remembering incorrectly -- I just tried this on an existing box and it's requiring me to remove System Manager 1.0. Programs that require this kind of thing are a pet peeve of mine actually....would be great if the installer could either just run over top or offer to uninstall the old version automatically before installing the newer version.

Message was edited by: Andrew Miller

RichardSopp

Me too.

klink

If you've got 1.0 installed, you need to un-install it and then install 1.0.1.

Apologies for that - engineering team wasn't able to devote resources to making the upgrade smoother.  The upgrade to 1.1 will be easier.

Steve

RichardSopp

I just tried this option too and even though I un-installed the 1.0 version the storage controllers I was managing with 1.0 were already there when I installed 1.0.1.

Is the persistency of the storage controllers expected?

Richard

klink

> Is the persistency of the storage controllers expected?

Yes, at least that part works

In brief, the installer removes/updates files that are part of the installation, but leaves other files intact.

The list of controllers is created independently of the install, so those hang around even after uninstall/install.

So it's a side effect, but in this case it's a helpful one.

Steve

amiller_1

Ah....no worries....understood as to each feature taking time way from another feature.

Thanks for considering it though...just makes upgrades a lot easier (both for me and customers).

Public