Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

System Manager 1.1R1 installer bug on Win7 64 bit

dmandell

Looks like there is a bug in the installation setup for System Manager 1.1R1.

If you try to install on Windows 7 64 bit OS, the installation will not be allowed to complete because it thinks that MMC 3.0 is not installed.

(Obviously someone overlooked the differences in the install path of MMC 3.0 on 64 bit OS.)

The installer for System Manager 1.1 works fine on Windows 7 64 bit, so there has definitely been a change in the installer between 1.1 and 1.1R1.

Detail- When you run the installer on a Windows 7 64 bit system, it fails the check for the pre-installation prerequisite of MMC 3.0 and will not allow install to continue.

(MMC 3.0 is definitely already installed, this is an error in the file and registry checks the installer does.)

Anyone know a work-a-round?

For the time being, I just reinstalled System Manager 1.1 and it works fine.

But I was looking forward to some of the new features in 1.1R1. 

BTW, System Manager 1.1 also requires MMC 3.0 but the installer either does not check, or checks in the right place.

Regards,

Dana

4 REPLIES 4

dmandell

After the latest rounds of Windows patches from Microsoft, this issue seems to have gone away.

I cannot confirm what patch might have resolved the issue.

yilianghui

same problem, anyone can help?

dmandell

I do not know the actual solution, but after I patched Windows to the latest updates and did a reboot, the issue went away.

karthikv

It's a known issue with System Manager 1.1R1 installer and Win7 64-bit

The reason for failure is

Windows is installed on c:\windows
c:\windows\system32\microsoft.managementconsole.dll does not exist.
It can be found @
C:\Windows\winsxs\msil_microsoft.managementconsole.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_0270ffd6aef43480\Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Resources.dll 

SM1.1R1 installer checks for the above dll under c:\windows\system32\ regardless of the version of windows

The workaround for this issue has been detailed out in the KB article 2015456 which can be accessed below

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2015456

Thanks,

Karthik

Public