Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

System Manager 2.0R1 and 2.0R1D1 reporting issue with "unowned" disks in ONTAP 8.1RC2 7-Mode

brandon_odell

I have noticed an issue in System Manager 2.0R1 and 2.0R1D1 where the Storage Capacity Pane shows the partner disks as "unowned" in ONTAP 8.1R2 7-Mode. You see used, available, spares, and unowned sizes in a pie chart. If you calculate the size of unowned disks, it is equal to the disks owned by the partner filer. There are no unowned disks on either controller, however.

This is not an issue with 8.0.2, but only appears when connecting to an HA pair that is running 8.1RC2 (this appears on a 3240 and 2240-2 controller pair in my testing).

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Thoughts? I can attach a screenshot if anyone needs more info.

4 REPLIES 4

karthikv

Thanks for reporting. We are looking into the issue. I will get back with details as soon as we root cause the issue.

-Karthik

crocker

Hi,

One of our NetApp Support Community Champions reported seeing this and contacting Support.

Here is official Netapp Technical support reply:

"In ONTap 8.1RCx,   this is expected behavior if the number of unowned

I tested systems, and find out that if you do takeover and giveback "unowned" are shown on the other controller, but clear on the original controller.

Mike

IMPREVOPERATIONS

Hi,

We also have this problem with a HA Cluster of FAS2240-4 systems on 8.1RC2 7-Mode and OnCommand Manager 2.0. Crocker, I could not understand your quoted solution. These disks are owned by the partner controller. Why would they show up as unowned as "expected behavior"?

amritad

Hi

We are working on this issue. We will keep you posted.

Regards

Amrita

Public