Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

System Manager never forgets...

peter_lehmann

Please help. I'm trying to find out where sysman is storing config (additionaly to the /netapp/systemmanager directory)...

I've uninstalled it, deleted this directory with all its content. Rebooted the PC and then installed a fresh copy of Sysman. When starting it for the first time, it has a list of controllers (but even an old list with obsolete systems)...

Searched the registry and the local filesystem, but couldn't find anything.

Where is this config coming from ??? !!!

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gamitabh

Hi Peter

This can happen if you have had System Manager 1.x installed prior.

System Manager picks up the controllers from the System Manager1.x config file.

Please search for user.config in the User Preference Directory.

An example:

C:\Documents and Settings\user1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft_Corporation\_NsmSnapIn,_Version=1.1.0_Path_rusomschqavk3w2upyovnjyl331z5qn3\5.2.3790.4136\user.config

Hope this helps.

Regards

Amitabh

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

gamitabh

Hi Peter

The System Manager config file is in User preference folder.

All the stored controller details will be lost when you Rename/Delete the "SystemManager.config" file present in the folder

You will have to add controllers newly to the System Manager now.

In Win-7 say for Administrator:

C:\Users\Administrator\NetApp\SystemManager\

In Linux say for root:

/root/NetApp/SystemManager/

Regards

Amitabh

peter_lehmann

on contraire...

I've deleted EVERYTHING and uninstalled it, but somehow it remembered the old stuff... How?

stephan_troxler

For cases like that, I work with Sysinternals (Microsoft) Process Monitor and check for all the file access that the process (System Manager in this case) does.

Stephan

peter_lehmann

Hoi Stephan

Good Idea, I'll do that, thanks.

Peter

gamitabh

Hi Peter

This can happen if you have had System Manager 1.x installed prior.

System Manager picks up the controllers from the System Manager1.x config file.

Please search for user.config in the User Preference Directory.

An example:

C:\Documents and Settings\user1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft_Corporation\_NsmSnapIn,_Version=1.1.0_Path_rusomschqavk3w2upyovnjyl331z5qn3\5.2.3790.4136\user.config

Hope this helps.

Regards

Amitabh

peter_lehmann

Yes, this is the path I had to follow to get the user.config file removed on Windows2008:

C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\_NsmSnapIn,_Version=1.1.0_Path_rusomschqavk3w2upyovnjyl331z5qn3\6.0.6000.16386

Thanks,
Peter

meanjeans

!!!  Sweet Victory!!  This haunted me for weeks.  I could not find where this program was saving it's settings.  Can we just go back to .ini files please?

TONYSAM75

hay Gamitabh,

Your response also helped me for my posted problem how to set certain browser to be launched with OCSM a "https://communities.netapp.com/message/91563#91563"

Thnaks,

Antony

Public