OnCommand Storage Management Software Discussions

Re: Unable to add c-mode system to WFA

That's strange.

Okay let's see: 1. Do you have another 8.1 CDOT cluster to see if the credentials work for that or not using WFA ?

Instead of cluster management IP, you can even try one of the Node mgmt IPs. See if that works.

2. Does your Cluster credentials require a DOMAIN name in username e.g. DOMAIN\user1 ?

3. Is your WFA services running with a Local System account or a Username?

3.  Try this round about way :

a. Delete the CDOT credentials which is failing.

b. Add a new one with Match=Pattern , Type = ONTAP

c. Give IP address of your cluster adding a * in the end. e.g. 10.54.4.100*

d. Add credentials and save. Test button is disabled for Match=pattern.

e. Test the connectivity selecting the type=ONTAP and ip 10.54.4.100.

f. See if this works.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Mike,

Were you able to solve the problem you mentioned in the OP?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Yes, i did finally fix this issue with help from support, but it is unclear what the cause of the problem was.

I was using a password with special characters and we decided to create an alphanumeric password instead. Once we did that, it worked, and so i went back and changed the password back to one with special characters, and it continued to work. no explination why it did not work in the first place, but changing the password did something to fix it. (we had verified that we were using the correct password by testing the auth from the WFA server with powershell.)

Highlighted

That's great.

Hi Guys,

I have a same problem and i have tried all steps given in this post but it does not work.

I get same error "Failed to connect to cluster node: 153.112.47.109.
Incorrect credentials for 153.112.47.109."

Plus when i test the connectivity i get error "Ontap Host is unreachable"

We have verified the Ports are open and Telnet works. Plus i can also run Powershell commands from this same WFA Server to C-DOT cluster.

I can add 7-Mode Netapps but not any C-DOT systems.

Kindly help

Capture.PNG

Forums