Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Unified Manager 9.5 - Dashboard overview

gberger

Hello,

Upgrading form unified manager 7.3 to 9.5, noticed that the overview dashboard no longer holds 'Unresolved Incidents and Risks' panels. I found these panels to be very useful. What was the reason for this change? 

6 REPLIES 6

gberger

anyone from netapp perhaps to comment?

Dhiman

Hi,

We already have consolidated events grid that brings in health, capacity, protection and performance in the same window which can be sorted based on how you want to see it. 

The idea is to save on the real-estate and provide more informaiton on protection and performance that may help you with your infrastructure. For example, you get real-time information for Synchronous Snapmirror under protection widget in the dashboard. There are many value adds like this. 

Hope this helps!

Best,

Dhiman

gberger

Thank you for the reply. Personally i still prefer the previous layout.  Easier to view risks  on one scrollable page, now there is more of selecting going on.  Also lot's of white space on the new overview page.

gberger

Hello,

With 12 production unified managers we are at a point to extract and move to a single database (using open database)

via the database connection was able to locat the capacity tables but having problems getting to volume latency/iops/MBps metrics. What table and catalog would we have to query?

basically we would like to recreate what OCUM shows under the volume perf section, but single view accross all ocum instances.

Thanks,

Dhiman

Hi, 

This is interesting but I am not sure I understand your proposal. Help me understand your query by ansering the following questions:

1. Are all the instance in the same site?

If yes --> What is the node count across the datacenter?

2. Are all the instances in differrent locations?

If yes --> are you looking for federation?

Most importantly would like to understand what you are trying to achieve, this is not a normal data pull request from your query, you are pulling all the information and aggregating to another DB, another MySQL DB? Are you defining new schema in the new DB?

For understanding performance schema and how it needs to be used, please follow the TR-4709: https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4709.pdf

Thanks,

Dhiman 

gberger

To answer your questions, we deploy the unified mangers  accross the globe to allign with cdot filers located at these data centers. So yes, a federatated approach would be what we are looking for. Single entry point to find filer capacity and performance statistics unrelated to location of the storage devices.

Currently we try to stay within the max node count per OCUM, so roughly 75. with 140 cDot filers that resulted in 12 installations to date.

As to the archiving, goal is to get all netapp filer capacity and performanced data into our splunk metrics datastore. 

Users then can create their own dashboards using netapp metrics but also other metrics already in splunk today,

also, thanks for the link to the oum schemas.

Public